[WIP] Jekyll & Hyde - Thelen

• It's time to reveal my latest CSO project: a RCT3 version of the fantastic Jekyll & Hyde owned by Thelen. It is not the exact copy of the real one, since I had to adapt its scenery to the only available booster CFR for RTC3.
    First of all i have to thank Coastergirl for kindly letting me use her Booster Maxx Sketchup file as a template to start my project, and Omsinator96 for giving me his excellent (as usual!) photos he took of the real ride.
    There are still many things to do and fix, but the major part of the work is done ;) Hope you'll like it!

• this is very amazing,i love it. :love: now with parkcleanup we can put all your beautiful things in our fairground :D . nothing should be missing

[font='Chicago, Impact, Compacta, sans-serif']Leb dein Leben,lauf der Hoffnung entgegen, Liebe zeigt dir den Weg [/font]
  • Thanks The Cure! ParkCleanup and LAA are my favourite tools when I try to build a fair ;) I hope this cso will be as light as possible. Following Zyned's instructions, I've always tried to make my scenery very low poly and with textures of the smallest size. However, in some cases it was not fully possible...

• That's good as it is. So brilliant lighting has its price. With the two tools is already very much possible to enjoy the beauty. Very good I think that you create many csos for in-game rides. The rides from CFH are poison for the game.
    I love these rides but it's a pity if you only click on the Ferris wheel in the running game or another one which is 20 meters away but RcT3 thinks the Ferris wheel is so big and goes to its knees ..
    The result is you're frustrated and it flies out of the custom folder.
    You and Zyned have found a wonderful way that you can
    still set up a lot of your Csos CTRS at the same time. :thumbup:

[font='Chicago, Impact, Compacta, sans-serif']Leb dein Leben,lauf der Hoffnung entgegen, Liebe zeigt dir den Weg [/font]
  • At CFH, the rides were carried out in great detail. In doing so, hardly any possibilities were used to make them resource-saving.
    And to prevent the trips from disappearing too quickly, no LODS were used, as provided for in RCT3. Instead, these were made very huge by invisible faces. But RCT3 often has problems with too large objects.

• Kann mich da nur anschließen. Wirklich ein tolles CSO. In Wirklichkeit sind die Arme ja etwas dünner und zusammenklappbar. Aber ich finde, es ist eine faire Lösung, wenn man halt kein Original-CFR dazu hat. Bin gespannt auf das fertige CSO. :)

Fahrgeschäfte aus den 90ern sind die besten! Und Ponies aus dem Jahr 2010 auch! :D

• Danke Coasterworx!
    Unfortunately one of the big limits in RCT3 is the total disappearance of CFR makers, that also did not leave clear instructions about CFR making. :thumbdown: Zyned tried a lot of times to make new CFR but he did not succeed, and he did not find any CFR maker willing to help him... ;(
    So us CSO makers must make compromises... And so my version of Jekyll & Hde is a bit... Frankenstein ;)
    Also the base of my ride is larger than the real one.
    In some cases, as my Commander, the "Frankenstein factor" is really huge. In other cases, as Jules Verne Tower, the difference is limited :)
    But in my opinion, it's better to have a little Frankenstein than have nothing ;)

• Ich habe den Text durch den Google-Übersetzer laufen lassen, um zumindest den Sinn zu verstehen.

Es ist wirklich ein großes Problem, dass keine CFR und CTR-Ersteller mehr aktiv sind.

Es gibt sie aber noch !

Manche Kollegen haben noch Kontakte aus früheren Zeiten.

Vielleicht könnte man diese wiederbeleben um zumindest an Tutorials und gute Ratschläge zu gelangen.

it's better to have a little Frankenstein than have nothing

Völlig richtige Einstellung:

Der Spatz in der Hand ist besser, als die Taube auf dem Dach.

• Hallo Andreas!

I used too Google translator ;)
    I know that Zyned tried to ask help to many CFR makers, but he did not receive any real help. ;(

"Der Spatz in der Hand ist besser, als die Taube auf dem Dach"

Great sentence! :thumbsup:
    Is it a German expression?

• if you take it exactly, all CFR are frankenstein, none drives and moves like in real and if then the gondolas, trains look different. but the whole does not matter, because without fantasy it is no fun this is magic.The spinning top with the Commander disguise is for me the Commander, there I do not think, oh shit that is not at all Commander, there I am happy about the beautiful disguise, the magic takes place in the head. you can still do so much, but I do not her :thumbsup: . it is in the game such a beautiful chain carousel, as the beautiful would look with a super disguise. there is not really beautiful from, or I missed what?

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator

• Welchen Übersetzer man auch verwendet ( übrigends danke für den Tipp. Der neue Translastor ist in meiner Lesezeichenleiste verlinkt ) ist eigentlich egal, weil es nichts an der Tatsache ändert, dass die großen und auch kleinen CFR-Ersteller ihr Wissen " mit ins Grab genommen haben ".

Es kann doch nicht sein, dass Könner wie Samplerocker, GTT, Jewels und die Truppe von Carlos allesamt ihr geliebtes Hobby an den Nagel gehängt haben.

Am Animieren scheint es nicht scheitern. Das haben unsere Jungs drauf.

Ich vermute vielmehr, dass es Probleme gibt die Peeps in die Karre zu bekommen.

Zumindest habe ich soetwas mal mitbekommen.

• Ja die sind alle weg und es wird immer schwerer auch an alte Sachen ran zukommen .bei cs depot gehen ganz viele downloads nicht mehr weil die seiten tot sind .irgendwann werden die ihr altes geliebtes hobby wieder rausholen.das macht doch jeder irgendwann früher oder später :D allerdings muss dafür krides und zyned.nl erhalten bleiben,denke das sind wohl die einzigen aktiven Foren die es noch gibt.

• There is a relatively small but loyal community to RCT3 due to its kirmes stuff. Especially on Facebook.
    However I have to agree with The Cure: the only two sites still really active in CSO making are K rides and zyned.nl...

• Hi Guys,

I know that Zyned tried to ask help to many CFR makers, but he did not receive any real help.

Well, that's not completely true! I did get some help from Carlos (CFH Rides) when they were still active. Unfortunately, CFH stopped with RCT3 rides short after. From this point I didn't get any responses from their side.
    I also had contact with Jenne, but that was very short. And also Samplerocker was willing to help me, and we spoke about CFR creation.

The problem is that I am very good with sketchup. But I suck at Blender. Normally I don't have a problem with learning new software, but switching from sketchup to Blender is very hard for me. I tried many times to work with Blender, but got frustrated and gave up.

Since last Tuesday it is possible to create custom content for Planet Coaster. Sketchup is not supported, but Blender is! There are already tutorials out explaining things. So I installed Blender again, and gave it another try. Maybe this time I manage to work with Blender. When that is the case, CFR making for RCT3 is a smaller step further. We will see how things go...

Zyned